"Gratitude...is natural to us, so primal, so elemental it is very difficult to define. Perhaps it is the feeling of having received a gift, and the desire to give in turn." - Charles Eisenstein, Sacred Economics
The ideal in gifting money is to focus on what feels "light and right." Practically, this means giving enough that it feels like a stretch but not too much that it feels like a burden. A helpful practice is to discover the amount that feels comfortable to you and stretch it a bit to give a little more. Healers with years of experience in this gift-economy model have found that those who stretch to give a bit more than comfortable experience deeper healing.
What do you need?
We live in a world where money is useful and necessary for certain transactions. So, money is super useful and I love receiving it.
- referrals to other clients
- spreading the word to your networks via good old fashion talkin' facebook, blogs, twitter of what have you
- space in which to offer bodywork or classes
- rockin' + genuine testimonials
- video media to convey the gift-economy to wider audience
- trades of yoga and dance classes
- graphic and web design
- farm fresh food I'm not allergic to
- letting your healing session catapult you into epic adventures of full-bodied fierce love of the planet and her creatures
So, is it free?
No, I offer these services as a gift. “Free” things we think of as lacking value. A gift is infinitely valuable. You are invited to receive the gift and assess its value to you. Notice your gratitude and let it move you to share in turn.